Tuesday, May 29, 2012

day 08 - if you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?

If I could live anywhere, I would live right here. I've lived here for 17 years, I know all the nooks and corners and I know all the best places. I mean sure I talk about travelling all the time but that's different. I would travel everywhere but I would still want one place I can return to and be glad.
Kathmandu's a great place to live in. Yes, every place has its downside, Kathmandu having more than one, but I grew up here. I've had my best and worst memories here and I share a lot of experiences here. I would want to go out more without having to worry about what I put on and without my mother giving me that "I get worried you'll get kidnapped" and "I get worried some reckless driver's gonna hit you" speach like every time i go out but up to now I've survived it all.
Naming all the reasons to live here, graffiti would top the list. Where most places consider graffiti a vandalism, here in Kathmandu, they don't care. Sure, some people walk past by it and some disrespect it by pasting posters of movies or some company but there are those some people who actually appreciate the work. Another reason would be, you never get lost. Every place leads you back to the same place. I know it does not sound exciting but picture this, YOU CAN GO EVERYWHERE WITHOUT THE FEAR OF GETTING LOST. I know it still doesn't sound interesting. Without the fear of getting lost? what's the excitment in that, right? But hey, you're alone with a camera and that would be the ultimate thing you would want to do.
But getting back to the point, Kathmandu is a great place to live in and I'm glad to be here. Though Kathmandu could sure use some woods where I could go without the fear of finding some dead body and without the fear of incountering MAOBADIS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment