Monday, June 11, 2012

day 22 - what subject did/do you exceed in/at school?

I was a very good art student. I caught up with the techniques pretty fast and I had like 10 art files covered each year. I was a straight A student in art. Then came the music. Our school has this really weird music thing. I mean they used to teach us some songs and to grade us, they used to call us up and make us sing one of the songs they taught. Straight A student there as well. Dance, the teacher loved me. So, A there as well.
I think it was when I reached my 5th grade that we could choose a musical instrument. I chose guitar. Our teacher was this really cool old dude who taught us whatever we wanted to. He always encouraged me. He taught nothing at times so I pretty much learned the chords on my own looking at a chart paper with the diagrams of the chords. Our grading system there was real simple. He used to call out a chord and we had to play it. As much as I would love to say straight A student here as well, but I once got a B.
See, I am an artistic person. But I was a pretty good English student. I always scored higher in English. If not the highest than the second or the third highest. I started slipping once I reached 9th grade. It's because the teacher taught the things he was supposed to teach in the weirdest way. I mean teach how you should not according to the books. I mean by 9th I had pretty good English, I used to read and use Shakespearean English. Dude, come on ! So, I had pretty good knowledge about what I was writing. But the teacher would be like, WRITE WHAT I TAUGHT YOU. I never did. Hence the slipping of the grade.
From my 5th grade to the 7th I scored full marks in Maths. The teacher was good, the teaching technique was good so obviously no one could fail. After that I just slipped because Maths was never my thing. Again, I am an artistic person. I write, I play, and I don't like numbers.
So, yeah . These are the things.

No comments:

Post a Comment